Sunday, September 28, 2008

Peekaboo!

Locations of visitors to this page
Sunday nights are really hard sometimes. I've felt pretty wiped out this weekend- a lot of big stuff coming up for me right now in various realms and the intensity of the Simon experience has really tapped my buffer. Sundays are hard b/c going from 2 solid days of really getting to see how Simon is and being with Laura to working my butt off at work and being 100% present while I'm there is hard, but I just keep doing the best I can.
Cody, Simon's bard, came by tonight and played us an instrumental section of his song that he recorded, on his phone (!). Turns out he's in a band and has a bunch of recording equipment at home and also records at a professional studio. Hearing the instrumental sounding so professional was sort of mindblowing. I can't wait to hear the whole thing together.

Simon looked like a total badass today in his "bones" leg warmers although he just horked and puked and retched all day which wasn't so badass unless you pretended like he was a mini rockstar who had partied too hard.



Simon and I postbath, making googly eyes


I also discovered the power of "Peekaboo". This is stupid cute:

http://www.youtube.com/v/UU-ElZo5_1Y

p.s. I'm posting this at 5:50 am on Monday b/c the hospital just called us to say Simon has been awake and puking and crying for at least an hour, so Laura just left to go be there. Waking up to a call from the hospital is so not fun. I'm not a coffee drinker so adrenaline at 5:30 am is not my idea of a good time. I'm sure he's fine and just has an upset tummy b/c of the high calorie formula but it's still scary to wake up to a phone call.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dear Laura,

Alison Harwood just forwarded me your blog. My heart goes out to you and your family. My son, Jacob, had a bone marrow transplant 2 years ago and I know how hard those days and weeks are in the hospital. I wish you a happy, HEALTHY New year. My thoughts are with you.

Love,

Amy Levenson (IB 82-85, 89, 90-92)

Elka's Mama said...

Hi there folks,
Just wanted to let you know that Simon received a long distance reiki healing from a few different reiki practitioners on Sunday between noon and 1pm. Well, it wasn't that long distance. It was from Ecstatic Dance in Downtown Oakland. They were glad to be able to do it.
Thinkin' of y'all. Also, wanting to know any food preferences!