Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Good Day!

Dr. Hanson, head of the ICU, just came by to check on Simon. When he saw how happy and smiley he was and we reported all his new developmental milestones he said, "Honestly, that's more important to us than what the Echo shows. Obviously *something* is working".

Having a great today with a baby happier that we've ever known him to be. I think now, post Staph, he's feeling better than he has felt in months. We're going to have another Echo on Tuesday and they'll look at weaning the Milrinone so he can be back on all oral meds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jaime,

Glad to read of Simon's good day ... and am praying that you are through the toughest part ... and that more good days with your smiling baby boy are to follow. I have been following your blog and have been sending gentle hugs your way every day.

Hugs,
Elaine from LCC

Anonymous said...

Well it's almost like being there to read your blog posts. Thank you for the meducation (translation: medical education) I didn't learn these things in my liberal arts curriculum. Like you, I'd like this lesson to come to a happy close, with little simon porking out and playing outside with trees and babies. I think about him and you all daily and I send you as much love as it takes to get a clear signal from brooklyn to oakland. much love,
winter