Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day weekend

Locations of visitors to this page

We have just returned from Gualala (in Mendocino County) where we spent a sweet Birthday/Mothers day/ Birthday weekend. Friday was my birthday, Sunday was Mothers Day, and Monday was Dianne's birthday. There was a lot to celebrate. I think I'm still full from all the special celebratory meals that we had.

Simon is still working his way through his cold. Days have been full of coughing and sneezing but still really good spirits but the nights...oh lordy be..the nights have been wicked. And not the kind of wicked since Simon was first born. I know that when I can't breathe through my nose night's are hard enough but when you are just 13(!) months old, not being able to breath through the place that you think you should be able to breathe out of...SUCKS!!


Simon Sez:

OF course lying down doesn't help and since I've just discovered that I love to sleep on my belly, I can't understand why my mommies keep flipping me over so I'm on my back. They think they're helping but really nothing does so why not let me sleep on my belly.
It's hard though when my mommies have also propped me up on two big pillows so that I'm not likely to choke on my chest phlegm that I am really good at coughing up into my mouth. Mmmmm. This is not a great way to get over my gag/swallowing thing. I'm working on it though. I'm getting good sleep during the day though cuz my mommies and Mamaw hold me upright while I nap. That is very nice of them.

It's also really nice when Mommy holds me upright at night. I can get some better sleep then. I don't think she does but developmentally I can't take that in right now. Like my bib says "It's all about me."

Dig it.



So there you have our long weekend in a nutshell. It was fantastic to be with family, so wonderful to breathe that ocean air, introduce Simon to the wonderful world of river rocks (an awesome and never ending supply of teethers), and just be together with very few distractions.

It was a great recharge.

We're home now and Simon is still snotty but last night only woke once and was able to put himself back to sleep in less than 20 seconds. It's still scary to see him struggling with a cold. It means so much more than when anyone else is working through a bug.


I just keep hoping/ having faith that even though his ECHO and EKGs and blood tests tell us he has no reserves, Simon actually has more strength and life working in his little body that his doctors or I can imagine.
Go little man, go.
Highway 1 does not agree with me.
Highway 1 might not but this sure does!!
So does this

Picture window? Or picture perfect?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Beautiful photos - it looks like a lovely trip. Poor Simon sounds so sick! Snot is so inconvenient.