Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday...celebrate

Locations of visitors to this page
Simon seems to be enjoying the holidays so far. He has now had his first Solstice, his first First Night of Hanukkah (he LOVED it) and his first early Xmas with my Dad and Stepmom. On Saturday, my Dad and Nola came over for a pre-Christmas/Hanukkah get together. We had lunch and opened presents and Simon was so happy and content and playing for the 2 or so hours. He got some very cute things :-)
Sunday we went to a Latke Party with about 20 people. He was a little fussy and seemed a little overwhelmed but when it was time to light the menorah and sing, Simon stood stock still in my lap, eyes wide as saucers and watched everyone. Then the men started doing the hora right in front of us and he watched with big eyes as I bounced him in my lap to the music. As soon as the festivities were over and things returned to regular party hubbub, he was done.
We stopped by the hospital today to drop off cookies for the staff there and had a really nice reunion. The annex was closed due to low admissions, so we got to visit bed 22. I didn't feel even the slightest twinge of icky feelings there. As Laura said, "that's where he started to heal". Bed 4 in the regular ICU is a whole other story. Ugh.

We had another sweet evening tonight with some family as you can see:

Here's my latest dream life that Laura cooked up for me...I work 4 days a week at my awesome new day job, bake up a storm on Fridays and sell my goodies at the Farmer's Market around the street on Saturdays. I've been baking lately and I forgot how much I missed it. Someday I'll find a way to do more of it...in the meantime I'll enjoy the holidays as an excuse to fatten everyone up :-)

We're off to Gualala tomorrow (up the Mendocino coast) to hang with my Mom and Stepdad in their cabin. We're looking forward to 4-5 days of eating, watching movies, hot tubbing, beach and general chillness. Ahhhhh.....

No comments: